Does your microwave oven become smelly from food splatters, steam and grease? Is it emitting unpleasant odours that make you cringe whenever you open the door? Fear not! With a few simple steps, you can get rid of those nasty microwave smells and have it smell fresh once again.
This blog will provide you with tips on how to make a microwave smell better and fresher.
It's important to always clean up food spills as soon as possible. Leaving them sitting in the microwave can lead to bad odours and make it more difficult to get rid of them later on. Use a damp cloth to wipe down the microwave, and then give it a thorough scrubbing with soap and water. Make sure to get into all the nooks where food particles may be hiding.
With a little bit of effort, your microwave can be free of bad smells in no time!
Natural cleaning ingredients, such as lemon, vinegar and baking soda, can help deodorise your microwave. Below we will provide you with tips on how to use each of them:
Microwave smells can be unpleasant and hard to get rid of. One easy way to remove the smell is by using lemon. Lemon has natural properties that help neutralise odours, making it an effective option to get rid of the smell in a microwave.
Below are the steps to learn how to remove smell from microwave with lemon:
1. Slice a lemon into 8 pieces.
2. Place the slices in a microwave-safe bowl, preferably a glass or ceramic.
3. Fill the bowl with one cup of water and place it in the microwave.
4. Heat on high for 5 minutes, then let sit for another 5 minutes.
5. Carefully remove the warm bowl from the microwave and let the lemon water sit for at least an hour.
6. After the time has passed, discard the lemon slices and rinse out the bowl. Your microwave should smell fresh and clean!
7. If you find that the smell is still strong after using lemon, try repeating the process again.
Vinegar is a natural and effective way to get rid of unpleasant odours like the smell of burnt popcorn or other food in your microwave. Here are some simple steps to help you remove the microwave smell using vinegar:
1. Start by filling a bowl with 1/2 cup of white vinegar and 1/2 cup of water. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat it on high for 2-3 minutes.
2. Once the timer is up, leave the bowl of vinegar inside the microwave for an additional 10-15 minutes with the door closed.
3. After 10-15 minutes have passed, remove the bowl and open all of the windows in the room to air out the space.
4. Using a sponge or clean cloth, wipe down all of the surfaces inside your microwave with a mixture of 1/2 cup vinegar and 1/2 cup water.
5. Rinse out the bowl and fill it again with fresh water only. Place it back in the microwave and heat it for 5 minutes.
6. Remove the bowl of water and wipe down all surfaces again with a clean cloth to get rid of any remaining vinegar smell.
7. Finally, leave the door open for an hour or so to completely air out the space and ensure that no vinegar odour remains.
Baking soda is an effective and inexpensive way to remove microwave smells. It works by absorbing odours, leaving your microwave smelling fresh and clean. Follow these steps to know how to get rid of microwave smell with baking soda:
1. Start by mixing 1/4 cup of baking soda with one cup of warm water in a bowl.
2. Next, apply the mixture to the interior surfaces of your microwave using a damp cloth.
3. Let it sit for several minutes, then wipe away the mixture with a clean, dry cloth.
4. If stubborn odours remain, try repeating this process.
5. Afterward, leave your microwave door open to allow any remaining odours to dissipate.
Replacing your microwave's filter at least once a year will help to reduce odours caused by food splatters. Over time, grease and other particles can build up on the filter and cause it to become clogged. This trapped grease is one of the main causes of microwave smells, so replacing the filter every year or two is essential. You should be able to find the correct filter size in your microwave's manual or on its website. Once you have the new filter, simply replace it by following the instructions in the manual.
By following these tips, you can make your microwave smell fresh and clean in no time. Regular cleaning and maintenance will help to keep unpleasant odours at bay and ensure that you always have a pleasant-smelling microwave oven!
For more information on how to keep your microwave clean and odour-free, contact your local appliance repair service for assistance. With their expertise, they'll be able to provide you with the best advice for keeping your microwave fresh and odour-free.
Check out all types of microwaves available at Toshiba Middle East, including convection, grill, and solo microwave ovens. Our microwaves are equipped with premium features that allow you to enjoy an even and balanced heating distribution to cook your dishes to perfection.
Stay tuned to our blog for more tips on using microwave ovens and other home appliances!