Doing laundry is an essential part of life. But if you're new to the task, it can seem intimidating and confusing. Don't worry – we've got your back. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of how to do the laundry step by step! We will also provide some tips on how to make the process easier for you.
Follow these five steps to learn how to do the laundry properly:
The first step is knowing how to sort laundry before washing it. This means taking all of your laundry and separating it into different piles based on color, fabric type, and care instructions.
How to Sort Laundry by Color:
● Separate whites from colors.
● Separate light colors from dark colors.
How to Sort Laundry by Fabric Type:
● Denim and towels should be washed separately from lighter-weight fabrics such as cotton or silk.
● Delicate items, such as lingerie or hosiery, must be carefully sorted and only washed in cold water.
It's important to know how to wash clothes properly, so you don't accidentally shrink or fade clothes. If in doubt, check the care label for specific instructions!
The next step is to pre-treat any stains. This means spraying or soaking the stain with a special cleaner before washing. Most laundry detergents are not designed to remove tough stains, so it's essential to use a cleaner specifically designed for the job. Also, be sure to read the instructions on the cleaning product to make sure you're using it correctly.
Once your clothes are sorted and pre-treated, you can move on to the washing step. Add your clothes one at a time, making sure not to overload the washing machine. Once everything is in, it’s time to choose the cycle and add the detergent and any other special cleaning agents you might be using.
Choosing the right detergent is essential for cleaning your clothes and preserving their color. For best results, use a detergent that is specifically designed for the type of fabric you're washing (i.e., light or heavy-duty). Also, be sure to choose the correct setting on the washing machine. Different fabrics require different cycles, so be sure to choose the right one for your clothes
Once the machine has finished its cycle, it's time to move on to the drying step. First, remove the clothes from the washer and check for any stains that may need additional treatment. Then transfer them to your dryer or hang them outside on a clothesline (depending on the fabric you're drying). When you're ready to dry, choose the right setting and start the machine.
For best results, read the care label on your clothes before drying. Once everything is dry, fold and put away your freshly-washed laundry!
After learning how to do the laundry step by step, here are some additional tips to make the laundry process easier:
● Invest in a good set of sorting bins and baskets. This will help you keep your laundry neatly organized, making it easier to sort and pre-treat stains.
● Make sure to check pockets for any forgotten items before washing. This includes coins, tissues, and small items that could damage the washing machine.
● Add a cup of white vinegar to your wash cycle. This will help remove any lingering odors and soften fabrics.
● Don't overload the washer or dryer. Overloading can lead to uneven cleaning and strain on the machines.
● Hang clothes as soon as they're out of the dryer. This will help reduce wrinkles and make it easier to fold and put away.
● Clean the lint trap after every use to prevent any build-up of debris from clogging up your machine. Learn how to clean a washing machine in 5 easy steps.
We hope this guide has been helpful in showing you how to do the laundry correctly. By following these simple steps, you can easily get your clothes clean and fresh again.
Toshiba Lifestyle offers a wide range of washing machines, including top-load and front-load washers. They come with different washing programs and many premium features.
You can also read the washing machine buying guide to know the important features you need to put into consideration to make the right choice for your household.
Keep up with our blog for more guides on different types of home appliances.